Re: [O] Babel evaluation of Calc block not working, bug in Calc?

From: H. Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: [O] Babel evaluation of Calc block not working, bug in Calc?
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 08:21:45 +0200

Andrea Rossetti <address@hidden> writes:
>> PS: Are you using Calc regularly?
> Compact answer: no :(
> Detailed answer: I do like Calc and Org+Babel+Calc,
> but my daily job doesn't involve any maths.

Then it's understandable, the UI of Calc is very fast but also very,
very abstract.

My hope is that with the Babel interface Calc can get a push.  There is
some potential, although it remains a lot to improve to have a workable
computer algebra system (CAS) in the line of Maxima, Maple, Mathematica
et al. :-|

> The Org functions I use most frequently are:
> - org-clock-in, org-clock-out, agenda view
> - org-columns
> - simple exports of TODOs or clocktable in HTML
>   or PDF format

That is the strength of Org-mode: The combination of code and beautiful
documentation. :-D

               Dieter
--
Best wishes