[O] Export to Latex, multi-line headlines

From: hymie!
Subject: [O] Export to Latex, multi-line headlines
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 14:22:54 +0000 (UTC)

So the more I use orgmode, the more I'm enjoying it.

I'm now learning how to export my notes into LaTeX and/or PDF.  (I'm a
TeX user, so I don't know all of the intricacies of LaTeX, but I can
manage if I have to.)

Anyway, to the question.

When I have a long line in my notes, I keep it formatted like this for
easy reading:

*** This is a very long line which is way too long to fit on a single line
    so I have it broken up into smaller lines so that I can read it
    but still have the indentation lined up, so it's obvious (to me) that
    this is all designed to be a single sentence.

There is a "hard return" at the end of each line, because using emacs's
standard word-wrapping would put the text into a left-aligned paragraph
and I lose my outline structure.

The coloring of the second through fourth lines doesn't match the coloring
of the first line, so it appears that Org considers this to be a
single-line headline with some supporting text underneath it.

When I export to LaTeX, that concept continues.  The phrase
"This is a very long line which is way too long to fit on a single line"
is my headline, in big bold letters, while the rest of the text is
below it in smaller letters (formatted as a single paragraph).

Is there a way that I can specify, either to Orgmode in general or to
the LaTeX exporter specifically, that I want this to be considered
a single headline?

Alternative question -- is there a way that Orgmode (or emacs) can combine
line-wrapping with indent levels, so that if I were to write this all as
a single line, the word-wrapping would put the text in the correct column?

--hymie!    http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie    address@hidden