[O] org agenda custom command: "search" block, cannot sort by priority?

From: Brady Trainor
Subject: [O] org agenda custom command: "search" block, cannot sort by priority?
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 14:45:26 -0700

Can I expect sorting by priority to be easily usable in the `search'
block for `org-agenda-custom-commands'?

Here is a minimal example, where I can pull all headlines by using a tag
filter on a nonsense tag, whereas the search for all headlines doesn't
seem to be sortable. Should I be aware of the limitations of the
`search' block?

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
      `(("g" "Global view of items"
         ((tags  "-asdfjkl;"))
         )
        ("G" "Global view of items"
         ((search "."
                  ((org-agenda-sorting-strategy '(priority-down)))))
         ((org-agenda-sorting-strategy '(priority-down)))
         )
        ))
#+END_SRC