Re: [O] Sharing: Agenda skip function to remove future-scheduled items

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Sharing: Agenda skip function to remove future-scheduled items
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 14:38:19 +0200

James Harkins wrote:
> [...] I realized that I didn't want to see items that are scheduled
> for the future, because this is my agenda view for "what tasks are
> available right now." For example, if I have a task to update my grade
> sheet, it doesn't make sense to do that before I've taught the
> lessons -- so I don't want to see the task until it's actually due.
>
> I didn't find a straightforward way to use a property search such as
> "scheduled is nil or scheduled > today," but I did (with some false
> starts) hack up a skip function that seems to do the job.

I use the following (tricky) settings, which should do what you have in
mind, if I'm not mistaken:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  ;; Don't show scheduled entries in the global `todo' list.
  (setq org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled 'future)

  ;; Don't show entries scheduled in the future in the global
  ;; `todo' list (until they are within the warning period).
  (setq org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines 'near)

  ;; Honor `todo' list `org-agenda-todo-ignore...' options also
  ;; in the `tags-todo' list.
  (setq org-agenda-tags-todo-honor-ignore-options t)
#+end_src

Best regards,
  Seb

--