Re: [O] How to change a link?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [O] How to change a link?
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 18:17:27 +0200

On 2014-10-15, at 12:02, Thorsten Jolitz wrote:

> Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Thanks, but...
>>
>> 1. I have no org-dp-contents function in my Org.  (Org-mode version
>> 8.2.5f (8.2.5f-elpa @ /home/marcin/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140116/)).
>
> org-dp.el (and org-dp-lib.el) are libraries of mine that aim to make
> local programming with org-elements (org-element-at-point) as convenient
> as global programming (org-element-parse-buffer), see
> https://github.com/tj64/org-dp. I find them very useful, unfortunately
> they have been widely ignored so far ;)

I see.  Unfortunately, I'll ignore them, too, for the simple reason that
I do not want to introduce additional dependencies (and I have to walk
through the whole document anyway).

>> 2. What about internal links like
>>
>> [[My Target][Find my target]]
>>
>> (taken from the manual)?
>>
>> In fact, I don't care about /external/ links at all; I'm /only/
>> interested in links pointing to the file they are in.
>
> This was just an example (using local parsing for convenience), giving
> the hint that you could put some links of interest in an Org file, parse
> it, and look at the (link (:type ...)) alists in the parse tree to see
> the properties you need to get and set. The internal link representation
> is the same for all types anyway.

I see.  What is the most interesting for me is the idea of
getting/setting properties, that's what I was looking for.

Thanks,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University