Re: [O] Internal links not working?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [O] Internal links not working?
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 20:16:05 +0200

On 2014-10-15, at 18:52, Marcin Borkowski wrote:

> I have this test file:
>
> ========================
> #+TITLE: Link testing
>
> * Heading
> :PROPERTIES:
> :CUSTOM_ID: link-target
> :END:
>
> * Second heading
> <<target>>
> * Third heading
> * Fourth heading
> Testing linking to precise targets, not headings:
> <<Third heading>>
> * Links
> [[#link-target]]
> [[target]]
> [[Second heading]]
> [[Third heading]]
> ========================
>
> When I C-c C-o (or mouse-1) on any of the links under the last heading,
> I am being asked for a TAGS table.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> TIA,

I instrumented for Edebug the org-open-at-point function, and I found
the culprit: the value of org-open-link-functions is

(org-ctags-find-tag org-ctags-ask-rebuild-tags-file-then-find-tag
org-ctags-ask-append-topic)

here.  I don't need to add that I never customized that variable...

What is even more strange, when I try to M-x set-variable, it somehow
gets changed to org-ctags-open-link-functions (i.e., I want to change
org-open-link-functions, so I enter this at the prompt, and the next
prompt - the one for the value - displays the name of the other
variable...).

Really strange.  Any ideas what might have happened?

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University