[O] electric-indent-mode in Emacs 25 not indenting in Org

From: William Denton
Subject: [O] electric-indent-mode in Emacs 25 not indenting in Org
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 22:13:16 -0400 (EDT)

I got tired of waiting for prettify-symbols-mode so I compiled Emacs from source, which gives me version 25.0.50.1 (25 being next after 24.4).

I noticed something odd with electric-indent-mode, which I had enabled, and which is on by default in 24.4.

If I run Emacs 24.3 (my Ubuntu system default) as emacs -Q, then run M-x electric-indent-mode to enable the mode, open foo.org, and type

* Heading

then when I hit return the cursor ends up under the H. That is one of the things electric-indent-mode does.

But when I run Emacs 25 with emacs -Q, check to make sure electric-indent-mode is enabled and see that it is because that's the default, open foo.org, and type

* Heading

then when I hit return the cursor ends up under the *!

Bill
--
William Denton ↔  Toronto, Canada ↔  https://www.miskatonic.org/