Re: [O] Paper Size for Exported LaTeX

From: Kenneth Jacker
Subject: Re: [O] Paper Size for Exported LaTeX
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 18:08:11 -0400

  ndokos> This may be a TeX installation default.

Apparently, 'letter' is the default.

  ndokos> If it is indeed the case that it is using A4 (check it with
  ndokos> pdfinfo on linux, ...

Good suggestion.  I used 'pdfinfo' on the generated PDF file and saw
(among other output) this:

    Page size:      612 x 792 pts (letter)

So, I guess I need to explicitly change the L/R and top/bottom margins.

Here's what I do using emacs/latex without Org:

     \setlength{\textheight}{9.25in}
     \setlength{\textwidth}{6.75in}
     \setlength{\oddsidemargin}{0in}
     \setlength{\evensidemargin}{0in}
     \setlength{\topmargin}{-0.6in}

Can I just put the above somewhere near the beginning of my .org file?
Or, is there a "better" way?  ;-)

Sorry if dumb questions, but am trying to figure out the org/latex
approach ...

Thanks for the 'pdfinfo' tip ...

-Kenneth