Re: [O] Announcement: org-one-to-many

From: Daniel Clemente
Subject: Re: [O] Announcement: org-one-to-many
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 21:39:37 +0700

Hi,
breaking a big .org file in many small pieces is one of my major concerns with .org and one which gives me lots of problems. Thank you very much for having the clear objective of one-to-many.

If your goal is HTML export, you can do a function that iterates over all headers and exports them (see below). But then links are broken, you need to decide filenames, etc. Which is what your project solves.

org-one-to-many has a shortcoming which is present in so many „org to blog“ systems: it expects a particular structure (in this case, all headers at the same level). I suggest you iterate over search results of a normal search:

For instance, you can get all headers tagged with "tobesplit" like this:
(org-map-entries (lambda () (line-number-at-pos))  "+tobesplit" 'agenda)

One of the possible searches is „headers at level 2“, so this new system would include the one you have.

Greetings