Re: [O] [ox-latex] How to force ALL captions below their referents?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [ox-latex] How to force ALL captions below their referents?
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 23:08:58 +0200

Hello,

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> I don't actually understand you.

`org-latex-table-caption-above' is now an alias for
`org-latex-caption-above', so the default values ought to be the same.

> All I know is that I had nothing set explicitly anywhere to do with
> captions and, all of a sudden, the behaviour has changed. This seems
> wrong. If I understand things correctly, a new variable has been
> introduced to control behaviour that previously was implicit. By
> introducing this variable, the default (previously implicit but now
> explicit) behaviour has changed.

IIUC, the old behaviour wasn't consistent (some captions above, some
below). This is the original motivation for this change.

I would be happy to make the transition smoother. However, I don't know
how to achieve complete backward compatibility, considering the remark
above.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou