Re: [O] extra newlines in TYPE checkitem for capture-templates

From: Brady Trainor
Subject: Re: [O] extra newlines in TYPE checkitem for capture-templates
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 22:00:23 -0700

Brady Trainor <address@hidden> writes:

> A solution would be to use file+headline, then not using :prepend
> prevents an extra line, but my headline is the date and varies.

I solved my problem this way by modifying the function
insert-date-N-days-from-current to print instead of insert. Now I can use
file+headline and avoid :prepend.

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(defun print-date-N-days-from-current (&optional days)
  "Print date that is DAYS from current."
  (interactive "p*")
  (print
   (calendar-date-string
    (calendar-gregorian-from-absolute
     (+ (calendar-absolute-from-gregorian (calendar-current-date))
        days)))))

(setq org-capture-templates
      `(("p" "pomodoro, checklist"
         checkitem (file+headline ,pomodoro ,(print-date-N-days-from-current 0))
         "")))
#+END_SRC

--
Brady