[O] How to extract TODOs from date-tree

From: Jay Iyer
Subject: [O] How to extract TODOs from date-tree
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 08:53:12 -0700

Hi,
I have my Org files set up as date-trees containing a mix of notes, tasks and projects.  I now have a need to generate a list of projects and tasks filed under specific date-tree or in a range of dates.  Is it possible to get this listing from the date-trees if the entries themselves don't have date/time in timestamps or in properties settings?  I couldn't find a solution in the archives.  Please advise.
Thank you.
-jay