Re: [O] math in parentheses

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: Re: [O] math in parentheses
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 16:57:23 +0000

Hi Rasmus,

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:
> Hi,
>
> Andreas Leha <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi Richard,
>> Just for me to understand:  Is the problem the missing whitespace
>> around the $...$ expression?
>
> From (info "(org) LaTeX Fragments")
>
>      [a] single ‘$’ characters are only recognized as math delimiters
>      if the enclosed text contains at most two line breaks, is
>      directly attached to the ‘$’ characters with no whitespace in
>      between, and if the closing ‘$’ is followed by whitespace,
>      punctuation or a dash

Thanks for the pointer.

Given that there are 'exceptions' already I'd like to see that last
sentence extended to 'followed by whitespace, punctuation, a closing
parenthesis or a dash'.

Especially since the \(...\) notation is particularly hard to read when
enclosed in parentheses.  For example (\(\frac{1}{2}\)) as opposed to
($\frac{1}{2}$)

But as I said earlier, this is a minor nuisance and I am happy to resort
to \(...\) whenever necessary.

Thanks,
Andreas