Re: [O] How to extract TODOs from date-tree

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] How to extract TODOs from date-tree
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 18:26:47 +0100

Jay Iyer <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Jay,

> The file entries are as follows and the task/note/project sub-heads generally
> don't have active/inactive timestamps except when a scheduling/deadline is
> specified.  Thanks.
> ** 2014-10 October
> *** 2014-10-01 Wednesday
> **** TODO first task
> **** General note entry
> **** Project                  :prj:

puh ... it would of cause be possible to write emacs lisp to find, extract
and process the date info from the parent tree's :raw-value, but I must
admit I don't want to do it, since it is just extra work required by
un-idiomatic use of Org-mode.

You have all the means to create a nice logical project file out-of-the
box with Org-mode, use tags, timestamps, deadlines, properties etc and
then extract selected info via the agenda.

Otherwise you need to write custom elisp yourself or find somebody who
does it for you ...

--
cheers,
Thorsten