[O] Support for table notes?

From: Jacob Gerlach
Subject: [O] Support for table notes?
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 21:20:03 -0400

Hi list,

I'm having trouble with LaTeX export of a table that uses some footnotes.

It seems that export by default uses combinations of \footnotemark inside the table and \footnotetext after the table.

This gets me in to trouble when the table is pushed to the next page - the footnotes are left behind on the previous page.

There's a lot of discussion (here for example) on the right way to do this. I'm content with just about anything - threeparttable, for example, to produce table notes.

Are there any capabilities built in to org mode to handle footnotes in tables differently or is this something I can only do through more direct LaTeX tweaking?

Regards,
Jake