Re: [O] org-insert-drawer completion targets

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] org-insert-drawer completion targets
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 11:10:18 -0700

Tyler Smith <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to figure out how drawers work. I see that `C-c C-x d`
> provides automatic drawer insertion, and wraps around the region if
> active. However, `LOGBOOK` is explicitly excluded from the completion
> targets. However, I don't see another way to add a LOGBOOK without
> typing the word out manually. This seems strange - is there another
> shortcut for adding LOGBOOK drawers? If not, why isn't it allowed as a
> completion target?
>
> I'm not complaining, just confused about the preferred workflow for
> LOGBOOK drawers.

If you've got org-log-into-drawer set to a non-nil value, the drawer
should be created automatically for you the first time you take a note
on the heading (org-add-note), or switch TODO states in such a way that
records a state-change note. Those are the two purposes of the LOGBOOK
drawer, so you might as well use one or the other to create the drawer.

HTH,
Eric