Re: [O] How to extract TODOs from date-tree

From: Robert Horn
Subject: Re: [O] How to extract TODOs from date-tree
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 15:34:21 -0400

Jay Iyer writes:

> If there are use cases out there, it might be worth collecting them and
> then thinking about how to support them better. If there aren't, maybe
> it should be thrown out.

It's most definitely useful.  I'm not sure what you think would be
"better".  I make extensive use of date tree for maintaining various log
book journals.  I've got various capture templates set up so that the
two characters: F* <char> take me to the right file and date tree.  I
type in the note, then C-c C-c takes me back where I had been
previously.  The template capures the date and time for the note, plus
other context information per the template.  This creates very nice time
tagged logs.

The only gap that I see, and it's minor, is that there is just one date
tree per file.

R Horn