[O] Org and ledger

From: Vikas Rawal
Subject: [O] Org and ledger
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 12:32:31 +0530

I have started using ledger with Org, and would be interested in knowing
experiences of other users.

I see two sets of uses in combining Ledger with Org.

1. Record keeping of transactions: Org works with ledger mainly through babel.
Has anyone considered the possibility of maintaining the records natively in
Org, which could be exported to ledger? Keeping native ledger source blocks in
Org does not seem to add much value as far as maintaining books is concerned.
Some people have tried some basic expense recording in Org, but to my
knowledge, these solutions do not talk to ledger.

2. Generating reports: Babel results do not use the standard Org table syntax.
Given my limited knowledge of lisp, I am finding it difficult to programme
customising these reports in Org. It would be of much benefit if other users
could share how they customise ledger reports in Org. Some examples would be
great.

Vikas