Re: [O] Patch org-capure-fill-template

From: Roberto Huelga
Subject: Re: [O] Patch org-capure-fill-template
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 17:21:57 +0100

Suppose you want to write the parent directory name in your capture so write a
template like

"* %(file-name-nondirectory (directory-file-name (file-name-directory \"%F\")))"

Without the patch, file-name-directory get the useless string "%F"
instead of a string
with the full path name of the file.

The orgmode manual template expansion page describe

     %(sexp)     Evaluate Elisp sexp and replace with the result.
                       For convenience, %:keyword (see below) placeholders
                       within the expression will be expanded prior to this.
                       The sexp must return a string.

But without the patch is not true, first is expanded %(sexp) and after
that the %OneLetter and later the %:keyword

Thanks for your work at the awesome orgmode.