Re: [O] Contribution to org-mode, Eldoc support

From: Aaron Ecay
Subject: Re: [O] Contribution to org-mode, Eldoc support
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2014 18:05:50 +0000

Hi Lukasz,

Thanks for your contribution.

2014ko azaroak 1an, Łukasz Gruner-ek idatzi zuen:

> Hi
>
> I would like to contribute Eldoc support.
> I've already changed license, but dont quite get that pgp part, I have
> generated my pgp and now what?

There’s a couple of issues.

1. Write access to the org repository.  For that you need an SSH (not
   PGP) key.  This tutorial from GitHub
   <https://help.github.com/articles/generating-ssh-keys/> goes over
   what is needed.  When you get to step 3, instead of entering the key
   file in GitHub’s website, you email it to Jason Dunsmore or Bastien
   Guerry.

2. Copyright assignment.  For code in org’s core, you need to have a
   copyright assignment on file with the FSF (because any code in org
   will eventually become part of emacs).  The process is documented
   here: <http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html#unnumbered-2>.
   The org mode repo has a contrib directory, where it is OK to put code
   without a copyright assignment.  This is bundled into
   org-plus-contrib packages that many people install, but cannot be put
   into emacs releases.

   So org-eldoc can be added to contrib immediately, and then moved to
   the core (i.e. out of contrib) when the copyright assignment is
   complete (if you decide that copyright assignment is something you
   want to do, and also subject to the judgment of the org maintainers).

Does that make sense?

Thanks again,

--
Aaron Ecay