Re: [O] Contribution to org-mode, Eldoc support

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Contribution to org-mode, Eldoc support
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2014 20:28:06 +0100

Hi Łukasz,

Thanks for the patch.

I tested your package briefly, but I did not look into the code.

Łukasz Gruner <address@hidden> writes:

> I would like to contribute Eldoc support.

It works nice for source blocks.  However, I don't get any feedback in
header-lines:

 #+header:
 #+begin_src emacs-lisp
 #+end_src

On headlines, I'm a bit surprised that it shows breadcrumbs.  Normally,
eldoc provides feedback for what arguments are possible I think.  Would
it not make more sense — in terms of what I expect when I turn eldoc on
— if it showed what can be a each location.  E.g. right after "^*" there
is an optional TODO keyword/state.

Also, I think it should somehow "just work" when I turn on eldoc in Org,
i.e. not the extra steps needed with the hook or the other way to load
it.

> I've already changed license, but dont quite get that pgp part, I have
> generated my pgp and now what?

I'm not sure about this.  Have you signed the FSF paperwork?  I did not
find a Gruner here:

     http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html

—Rasmus

--