Re: [O] Org and ledger

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Org and ledger
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2014 16:32:21 +0000

On Friday, 31 Oct 2014 at 12:32, Vikas Rawal wrote:
> I have started using ledger with Org, and would be interested in knowing
> experiences of other users.

I use ledger within org in the literate programming sense.  This allows
me to have different ledger entries all over the place under different
headings but can then use one src block to generate whatever I want,
either a balance or a register, say.

> 2. Generating reports: Babel results do not use the standard Org table
> syntax.

Yes, this is true.  It may be possible to change the output of ledger
(using --format, say) to something that babel could process into a
table.  However, I do find ledger a little clumsy in this regard but
maybe that's just the documentation.

An extra complication is the big difference between ledger v2 and v3 in
terms of invoking it.  What version are you using?

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.1, Org release_8.3beta-475-g25d50e