Re: [O] (noob) interactive template? how?

From: Brady Trainor
Subject: Re: [O] (noob) interactive template? how?
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2014 15:21:39 -0800

Sven Ehret <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> sorry for my noob question. I searched the list but cannot find anything
> that would fit.

It's not clear how noob you are? To Emacs? To Org-mode?

Do you know how to execute the emacs-lisp? Or otherwise insert into your init
file?

Do you know that these functions are commands because of the "(interactive)"
lines, so can be called with M-x? Do you know the M-x ALT+x deal?

The functions look for a headline "* Recipe", so your org buffer should have
that first. M-x recipe-template will prompt for Titel due to "read-string" (I
type "M-x describe-function" with cursor on "read-string" to read the
documentation, or the more brief "C-h f").

The command "food/gen-shopping-list" seems to look for an entry "*
Einkaufsliste", and headlines with "TOCOOK" state, but I did not succeed in
getting the command to work. Perhaps I should have had some tabular data like
can be found at
http://sachachua.com/blog/2012/06/emacs-org-grocery-lists-batch-cooking/.

Hope this helps reshape your question at least.