Re: [O] Recording Time - org-clock-sum

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Recording Time - org-clock-sum
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2014 10:14:13 +0100

Just a side note...

Fredrik Unger wrote:
> I am not a full out user of Orgmode and I do not keep project files.
> I use one simple file per month to record my work, and it has been a good
> choice
> for me. Maybe someday I can switch to some other structure but as the CLOCK
> lines takes some space, I'd rather "forget" CLOCK history on a monthly
> basis. Projects do not last more than 2-3 month anyway and the catch-all
> internal project that is "never ending" would become too crowded with CLOCK
> lines.
> It is also easier to spot clocking mistakes if the file is limited to a month.

I use CLOCKING for several years now (around 4) and commit to the same
entries for repeating tasks such as "read emails". One information for
you : there is no problem to spot clocking mistakes if you use `v c'
("clockcheck"); you can easily trap clocking gaps and overlaps. Without
that, yes, that'd be pretty unusable...

Best regards,
  Seb

--