Re: [O] Extremely slow org-table operations

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Extremely slow org-table operations
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2014 21:34:32 +0100

York Zhao <address@hidden> writes:

> Needlessly to say that `org-mode' is fantastic, but with this issue, I have to
> say that `org-mode' is unhealthy. Therefore, I really hope this issue gets
> addressed. Please let me know what I can do to help.

With your initial file, benchmarking a C-c C-c on the last table, I get:

  Elapsed time: 2.129800s

This is not fast, but nothing unbearable either. The same on the first
table gives

  Elapsed time: 1.195026s

As I said in this thread, the additional cost comes from the use of
`org-current-line' in "org-table.el".

Regards,