Re: [O] odt export of subtree: set/suppress the date in the export

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: Re: [O] odt export of subtree: set/suppress the date in the export
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2014 20:04:35 +0100

> I cannot reproduce either problem, though I seem to remember some
> difficulty with changing date fields in the past. What Org version are
> you using?

Um... a heap of different versions it looks like, on the systems I use
regularily, some from ELPA (one of the ELPA archives), some from org
git, and the version delivered with emacs 24.3.

Right now I'm on a debian box using git org, and I've done
 make clean
 git pull
 make
and started a fresh emacs.

And here I see a different behaviour

> You can turn the use of date fields in LibreOffice on or off with
> org-odt-use-date-fields. With date fields set to t:

Hm... 'C-h v org-odt-use-date-fields RET' says:
 org-odt-use-date-fields is a variable defined in `ox-odt.el'.
 Its value is nil

> - Setting :EXPORT_DATE: in the subtree and exporting the subtree results
>   in an ODT export with that date in the header, not today's date.

> - Inspecting the date field shows that the date is "fixed". (In
>   LibreOffice, right-click the date and select "Fields" from the popup
>   menu.)

> - Indeed, the date remains unchanged when I do "Update all" or export
>   to PDF from LibreOffice does indeed keep the same date.

Hm... I may play around with these settings, but for now I'm happy with
the default behaviour (no date stamp).

I'll go to git org on all of my emacsen.

Thanks!