Re: [O] Float placement in org-latex

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Float placement in org-latex
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 18:33:50 +0100

Hi,

Pete Ley <address@hidden> writes:

> Just a quick question for someone new to and quickly becoming enamored
> with org-latex-export.
>
> I'm encountering a problem with my floats. Namely, I have a section with
> not much text and several floats, it's probably about a page worth of
> actual text and 7-10 gnuplot-generated graph images. I have the gnuplot
> code inline in the text and the images are included from the #+RESULTS.
>
> My problem is that LaTeX keeps pushing them farther down the page until
> some of them are at the end, after the appendices. Is there a way I can
> maybe shrink the images to make them fit or force it to render them
> inline even if it leaves some blank space on the page? I wouldn't mind
> making them all quite small and having text flow around them but I'd
> rather not have to put in these settings for each and every graph. Can I
> do this as a default setting for all of them?
>
> Is there a set of best practices for this kind of thing? Sorry if this
> is a beginner question, but I haven't had much luck searching.

Maybe you want to check the placeins package if they are pushed to far
away.  Further there's placement options h, H, p that may be of
interest to you.

You can access graphicx options using #+ATTR_LATEX as described in the
manual:

(info "(org) LaTeX specific attributes")

Hope it helps,
Rasmus

--
Together we will make the possible totalllly impossible!