Re: [O] cannot get an agenda showing logged todos, scheduled todos and c

From: Brady Trainor
Subject: Re: [O] cannot get an agenda showing logged todos, scheduled todos and clockcheck items at the same time
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 01:03:18 -0800

Hello,

Rainer Stengele <address@hidden> writes:

>         (agenda "todays agenda"
>                 (
>                  (org-agenda-span 'day)
>                  (org-agenda-log-mode 'clockcheck)
>                  (org-agenda-start-with-log-mode t)
>                  (org-agenda-overriding-header "Today's Agenda")))

I am not using this, so I won't be able to test it but... I did google
clockcheck and check some of your variables.

If I execute M-x apropos RET org agenda log mode RET, it appears this is a
command not a variable, at least in my org-mode version 8.2.10.

A few lines down (in the apropos findings) I see `org-agenda-log-mode-items',
which I think it should be a list, so for example

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(org-agenda-log-mode-items '(closed clock state))
#+END_SRC

Consider your thread http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/74599 from
July. There, Sebastien Vauban suggested the variable assignment

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(org-agenda-log-mode 'clockcheck)
#+END_SRC

Perhaps this is what you meant above. Or Mike McLean suggests,

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(org-agenda-show-log 'clockcheck)
#+END_SRC

Then, at the end of the thread, Carsten Dominick advises against using these,
and suggest instead to use these in the global section of your custom command.

#+BEGIN_SRC
(org-agenda-start-with-log-mode 'clockcheck)
(org-agenda-start-with-clockreport-mode t)
#+END_SRC

In summary, maybe you should have this:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
      '(("Z" "todays agenda"
         ((agenda ""))
         ((org-agenda-span 'day)
          (org-agenda-start-with-log-mode 'clockcheck)
          (org-agenda-start-with-clockreport-mode t)
          (org-agenda-log-mode-items '(closed clock state))
          (org-agenda-overriding-header "Today's Agenda")))))
#+END_SRC

Further, I shifted some of the terms around. Note the `agenda' block usually
takes the empty string, but it seems you gave it the name of the command.

HTH

--
Brady