[O] Mixed install warning after upgrading to 8.2.10

From: Arunabha Ghosh
Subject: [O] Mixed install warning after upgrading to 8.2.10
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 03:07:41 -0800

Hi, I'm getting a mixed install warning after upgrading to 8.2.10.

Previously I used the .tgz for 8.2.7c and did a (add-to-list 'load-path 'path to 8.2.7c/lisp' which
worked fine.

For 8.2.10, I checked out the git repo, and switched to the 8.2.10 tag and updated the load-path to point to the new directory. I then byte recompiled the dir to generate the .elc files.

However, now org-version complains about a mixed installation and several things are broken (repeated schedules with ++ dates specifications don't work correctly among others with complains of a missing function in the messages buffer.)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Arunabha