Re: [O] Subfloats in org - easier way?

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Subfloats in org - easier way?
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 13:33:20 +0100

Hi,

Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:

> I want to include in a document, exported to LaTeX, a subfigure. and
> followed the blog entry [1]. This works, but
>
> 1) is cumbersome and extemely LaTex - I can live with this, but is
>    there a more org-modeisch solution?
> 2) I cant use the link (Figure [[fig:ventLEL]]) as they got not replaced
>    by the correct LaTeX commands. This is obvious (as I did not
>    use #+CAPTION: for the caption), but is there a way, apart from
>    using the LaTeX code for these links, to get the links into the
>    document?

I don't think there's an "official" way to do this.  Presumably it
/could/ use the same mechanisms as when concatenating tables into an
equation of matrices, but at the moment there's nothing like it.

I don't know if this is much better. It would probably require some
effort to make it work in other backends than latex and it's pretty
verbose.

#+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{subcaption}

#+CAPTION: Main caption
#+begin_figure
#+ATTR_LATEX: :options [t]{.45\textwidth}
#+CAPTION: subcaption 1
#+BEGIN_subfigure
#+BEGIN_CENTER
#+ATTR_LATEX: :width 3cm
[[file:tmpEOCX1p.jpg]]
#+END_CENTER
#+end_subfigure
#+ATTR_LATEX: :options [t]{.45\textwidth} :width 2cm
#+CAPTION: subcaption 2
#+begin_subfigure
#+BEGIN_CENTER
#+ATTR_LATEX: :width 3cm :center t