Re: [O] [export] latex: texorpdfstring in heading

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] [export] latex: texorpdfstring in heading
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 15:55:02 +0100

Andreas Leha <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Andreas Leha <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> So, here is my question: How do I use \texorpdfstring correctly in an
>>> org heading?
>>>

>>> And here is a minimal example:
>>>
>>> #+latex_header: \usepackage{hyperref}
>>>
>>> * This contains \texorpdfstring{$\prod_{k=1}^N$}{product 1toN} math
>>> For some reason.
>>
>>   * This contains @@latex:\texorpdfstring{$\prod_{k=1}^N$}{product
>> 1toN}@@ math
>>

> There is now the obvious follow-up question: What do I do if I want to
> export that same document to other backends as well?
>
> I assume I'd have to list each of the others individually as well like:
> @@latex:foo@@ @@html:bar@@ @@ascii:bar@@ @@odt:bar@@ ?

You could use a macro if it's only for one document, see
(info "(org) Macro replacement").

Otherwise you could use a custom link and cond through your backends
backends, see `org-add-link-type' or
(info "(org) Adding hyperlink types").

Hope it helps,
Rasmus

--
And I faced endless streams of vendor-approved Ikea furniture. . .