Re: [O] Problem with org-agenda-clockreport-mode and tag-filtered view i

From: Benoit Bidoggia
Subject: Re: [O] Problem with org-agenda-clockreport-mode and tag-filtered view in agenda
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 20:10:51 +0100

Dear Seb,

Thanks for the piece of advice. I'll do that asap.
I first need though to configure for the git version (now I'm using the emacs package version).
I'll post on the list again when I find the problematic commit.

Thanks again, best regads.
Benoît

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 9:46 AM, Sebastien Vauban <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear Benoit,

> PROBLEM: Agenda clock report mode does not take into consideration filtered
> view anymore (C-u R in agenda view).
>
> It's behavior changed somewhere between version 8.2.4 (for which it works)
> and version 8.2.10 (for which it doesn't work anymore).
> Is it a bug or is it intentional?
>
> I intensively use clock report with filtered views, so it has become quite
> problematic for me.

IMHO, the best way you can help to try and get the problem fixed is to
find the problematic commit.

In order to do, use the Git version of org-mode, and play a couple of
minutes with `git bisect':

#+begin_src sh
git bisect start BAD-COMMIT GOOD-COMMIT
#+end_src

Test...

If good:

#+begin_src sh
git bisect good
#+end_src

If bad:

#+begin_src sh
git bisect bad
#+end_src

And after a few more steps like that, "git bisect" will eventually find
a first bad commit:

#+begin_src sh
git bisect bad
2ddcca36c8bcfa251724fe342c8327451988be0d is the first bad commit
#+end_src

Send it to the list (and put the author of the commit in Cc).

Then use "git bisect reset" to go back to the branch we were in before
we started bisecting:

#+begin_src sh
git bisect reset
#+end_src