Re: [O] Large LaTeX project in single file or using publishing

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Large LaTeX project in single file or using publishing
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 09:47:34 -1000

Aloha Jake,

In my experience, the one file approach is easiest with Org mode.  I've
written a book in Org mode using this approach and found it to be quite
comfortable.  Compilation time wasn't ever a big deal for me, but this
will depend on your patience obviously.

I don't think there are any real pitfalls, where you run into a
situation that can't be remedied.  The various LaTeX constructs in Org
mode let you apply LaTeX solutions at several scales, from snippets to
blocks, and these work well in my experience.

We use LaTeX at work and it would be easy for me to do my writing
outside work in LaTeX, but I now do all my outside work in Org mode.
The combination of Babel and the new exporter, along with the
integration of tools such as ebib, make this a congenial document
preparation environment.

hth,
Tom

--