Re: [O] [Bug] org-indent-mode underindents body in variable-pitch-mode

From: Anders Johansson
Subject: Re: [O] [Bug] org-indent-mode underindents body in variable-pitch-mode
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 14:57:21 +0000 (UTC)

Tobias Getzner <tobias.getzner <at> gmx.de> writes:

> Hello,
>
> After updating to Emacs 24.4 and org-mode 20141020, I’ve noticed that
> org-indent-mode now underindents item bodies when variable-pitch-mode is
> fall successively short of the item’s respective indent level.
>
> * first
> lorem
> ** second
> ipsum
> *** third
> etc.
>
> My last working version was 20140915 on Emacs 24.3.
>
> Kind regards,
> Tobias

Hi,
I'm experiencing the exact same problem. Debugging might be a little tricky
if it involves changes in both Emacs and org.

I think the problem depends on the text-properties wrap-prefix and
line-prefix being set to a number of spaces and a number of stars,
respectively, in headlines and only spaces in body text. When variable-pitch
fonts don't have as wide stars as spaces we get a mismatch. But I don't know
how this can have worked better before.

Doesn't anyone else use variable-pitch-mode for org and suffer from this?

Cheers,
Anders Johansson