Re: [O] (org-agenda-to-appt) with sexp org-diary-class entry?

From: Marco Wahl
Subject: Re: [O] (org-agenda-to-appt) with sexp org-diary-class entry?
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 16:07:14 +0100

Hi Benjamin,

> Thanks, Marco. Well, it at least helps to update me to a non-obsolete
> sexp method.
>
> I have no idea how to check what's actually been pushed to `appt` to see
> whether the updated org-class really behaves differently to
> org-diary-class in this respect.  (So I'll have to see tomorrow how
> `appt` behaves.)

You can use

M-x appt-delete

for scanning through your current appointments.  For each appointment
you will be asked for deletion.  Saying 'no' just keeps the appointment.

You might even look at variable `appt-time-msg-list' or use the
following function to see a list of your current appointments.

#v+
(defun mw-appt-display-list ()
  "List the current appointments.

  This is an amendment to the appt-family of functions.  Sometimes
  you might want to know the upcoming appts."
  (interactive)
  (if (not (boundp 'appt-time-msg-list))
      (message "`appt-time-msg-list' not even bound.  Consider M-x
org-agenda-to-appt.")
    (if appt-time-msg-list
        (let ((tmp-msg-list appt-time-msg-list)
              (message-string ""))
          (dolist (element tmp-msg-list)
            (setq message-string
                  (concat message-string
                          (prin1-to-string
                           (substring-no-properties (cadr element) 0))
                          "\n")))
          (if (< 0 (length message-string))
              (message (substring message-string 0 -1))))
      (message "No appts scheduled for today."))))
#v-

Best wishes,  Marco
--
http://www.wahlzone.de