[O] Patch to implement sorting Org tables by IP address

From: Jon Snader
Subject: [O] Patch to implement sorting Org tables by IP address
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 14:16:28 -0500

There is currently no easy way to sort an Org table by IP address. The only
method I could find involves selecting the IP addresses in a rectangle and
piping them to sort with a complicated sort recipe. Even though I am not a
system administrator, I sometimes need to maintain tables that I’d like to keep
sorted by IP address.

The attached patch implements sorting Org tables natively.

I’ve just completed the FSF Copyright assignment process—let me know if you
need details.

jcs