Re: [O] [dev] New version of org-index.el --- a personal index for org a

From: Marc Ihm
Subject: Re: [O] [dev] New version of org-index.el --- a personal index for org and beyond
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 22:26:36 +0100

Hi Alan,

I see the same error, when starting with a vanilla emacs;
so these errors were easy to fix (version 3.0.1):

http://orgmode.org/w/org-mode.git?p=org-mode.git;a=blob_plain;f=contrib/lisp/org-index.el;hb=HEAD

Thanx for reporting !

best regards
Marc

On 2014-12-09 19:58, Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:

I've given it a try, and upon creation there is a backtrace (when I'm
done with the setup):

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument integer-or-marker-p nil)
   org-index--goto-list("columns-and-flags")
   org-index--create-index()
   org-index--create-missing-index("Variable org-index-id is not set,
so probably no index table has been created yet.")
   org-index--verify-id()
   org-index(nil)
   call-interactively(org-index record-it)

The table seems to be created, so I guess it's just a single occurrence
of a setup error.

As a followup, org-index could not find the id after restarting emacs,
so I guess the backtrace happened before it was saved. I manually added
the `org-index-id' to my .emacs and it now works.

I tried adding a node, and although I changed the category and keyword
that were proposed to me, the node was inserted with the default ones.

Is this the place to report such bugs?

Thanks,

Alan