Re: [O] Possible bug with Org Babel source code blocks and ESS integrati

From: Aaron Ecay
Subject: Re: [O] Possible bug with Org Babel source code blocks and ESS integration
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 23:41:01 -0500

Hi Vikas,

2014ko abenudak 11an, Vikas Rawal-ek idatzi zuen:

> I am having a strange problem with R Source Blocks. Let me explain (I
> hope the explanation below makes sense).
>
> When I am creating a source block, I typically create the #+BEGIN_SRC
> and #+END_SRC lines, and then use C-c ' to enter ESS mode, fill the
> block there, and return to my org buffer using C-c ' again.
>
> While I am filling in my source block, I sometimes need to refer to my
> full org file and some other source blocks in there. So my cursor in
> the Org file moves. Then, if my code block is a little complex, I like
> to save it while I am editing (C-x C-s). This is where the mess is
> created. Instead of saving the code in the source block from where ESS
> was called, the code is saved at the point where my cursor in the org
> file at the moment is. As a result, I get a copy of the source code
> text (without the BEGIN_SRC and END_SRC lines) at the place where my
> cursor is. This obviously creates a total mess and I have to clean it
> up.
>
> Is this the intended behaviour? I have used source code blocks for
> years and have not had this problem before. But I cannot say whether
> this is a new behaviour in org or something in my behaviour has
> changed. In the past, I perhaps never moved the cursor in my org
> buffer while editing a source code block.

I just pushed a change to master (398286a) which should fix this issue,
and one other I discovered along the way.  These bugs may have been
dislodged by Nicolas’s recent rework of this code.  (Not that I’m
complaining – the new code seems a lot pleasanter, even with a couple
transitory bugs.  :P )

I assume that you’re using master, though you don’t say.  Could you test
the patch?

Thanks,

--
Aaron Ecay