Re: [O] File local variables

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: [O] File local variables
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 01:32:03 -0500

Aaron Ecay <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2014ko abenudak 11an, Vikas Rawal-ek idatzi zuen:
>>> I used to disable evaluation of source code when exporting by using
>>> the following as the first line:
[...]
>> I think this is a bug. Could somebody confirm.
>
> I can’t confirm, in the sense that including that line in a file sets
> the buffer-local value of org-export-babel-evaluate to nil.
>
> If that variable isn’t having the effect of suppressing evaluation,
> that sounds like a bug, but it’s not clear that that is what is going
> on.  Can you send an ECM?

I can't confirm this either (using the following text).

,----
| # -*- org-export-babel-evaluate: nil; -*-
|
| #+begin_src emacs-lisp :exports both
|   (message "Evaluating?")
| #+end_src
|
| #+RESULTS:
| : Evaluating?
`----

'C-h v' indicates that the buffer-local value is indeed set to nil.

The only place the value of org-export-babel-evaluate is checked is
org-babel-exp-results.  Exporting the example above with
org-babel-exp-results edebugged shows that the main body of that
function doesn't execute.  So, the code isn't being evaluated at export,
unless it's happening elsewhere.

How are you checking that the code is evaluated at export?

--
Kyle