Re: [O] Evaluating R source code line by line

From: Daniele Pizzolli
Subject: Re: [O] Evaluating R source code line by line
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 11:12:05 +0100

Hello,

Vikas Rawal writes:

> I have an R source code blocks called with the ":results valueā€¯
> option. I evaluate the code with C-c. When I do that, in my R session
> buffer, I get to see several + + + until the final value is obtained,
> and then the final value is shown, and inserted in my Org buffer.
>
> I was wondering if there is an option somewhere that will allow me to
> instead see how each line in my R source code is evaluated. That is,
> the R session buffer should show each line being evaluated, and then
> show the final value as usual.

Look at:
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-R.html

  Use ESS to step through evaluation line-by-line

    Use C-c ' to visit the edit buffer for your code block
    Use ess-eval-line-and-step to evaluate each line in turn

ess-eval-line-and-step is usually bound to C-c C-n

I guess that is possible to use the same R session by configuring the
session arguments and/or the ESS settings but I have not done it yet.

If you do not have ESS you can try a more lightweight solution with
isend-mode.

Best,
Daniele