Re: [O] doc patch: move footnote in external links

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] doc patch: move footnote in external links
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 18:20:35 +0100

On 2014-12-13 15:17, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:

> Also, `org-link-search-must-match-exact-headline' docstring could be
> improved: "When nil, the link..." doesn't apply to "*headline" type
> paths.

As I was writing this, I experimented a little. It seems that, for
"*headline" links, the following applies depending on the value of
`org-link-search-must-match-exact-headline':
- nil: do a substring search on headlines, jump to the first one that
matches, fail if no match
- t: do an exact search on headlines, fail if no match
- 'query-to-create: do an exact search on headlines, propose to create
if no match.

The one case I'm less sure about is the first one, but this small org
file shows it seems to be the case.

If this is correct, I'll add a footnote accordingly.

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7