Re: [O] [html-export question] location with JS.

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] [html-export question] location with JS.
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 12:38:46 +0100

Paul Rudin <address@hidden> writes:

> Hoping for pixel perfect rendering for html is fraught with difficulty -
> it's not really designed for that sort of thing.

I'm only asking for two things (divs/spans) to be (almost) on the same
line (if you rerun the new example I sent to Christian you might see it
can go quite bad or see this¹ screen-shot)...

I tried to put the script in window.onresize but somehow it's not always
working...

> If that's what you want then you may be better off producing a pdf.

I prefer both.  Html is very comfortable on the screen and it's remarkably
capable for printing these days as well via CSS.  E.g. I found this,

    @media print {div[class^="outline-"], div[class*=" outline-"]
                  {page-break-inside: avoid;}}

Which makes page-breaks on print sensible.

I'm still having issues with small-caps, and a \vfill replacement for
print.  And the above.  Other than that I'm quite pleased with html.

—Rasmus

Footnotes:
¹   Here's what it looks like zooming in and out:
    http://i.imgur.com/RLHI47C.png

--
Bang bang