Re: [O] Patch to implement sorting Org tables by IP address

From: Jon Snader
Subject: Re: [O] Patch to implement sorting Org tables by IP address
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 12:31:55 -0500

> On Dec 14, 2014, at 12:18 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:

>> As I said above, you’ve convinced me that ?f ?F is the right solution.
>
> Fair enough. Let's settle on that, then.

Here is the new patch. It extends org-table-sort-lines to allow a user to
specify custom extraction and comparison functions using the ?f ?F sorting type
as in org-sort-list.

The user can call org-table-sort-lines programmatically specifying a
SORTING-TYPE of ?f or ?F and provide custom extraction and comparison
functions. If the user calls org-table-sort lines interactively and specifies
?f or ?F, org-do-sort will prompt for a custom extraction function. The
comparison will be either string or numeric depending on the type of the first
extracted key.