Re: [O] Efficiency of Org v. LaTeX v. Word

From: M
Subject: Re: [O] Efficiency of Org v. LaTeX v. Word
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 11:36:57 +0100

> Von: Paul Rudin <address@hidden>
> Datum: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 10:05:19 +0000
> An: <address@hidden>
> Betreff: Re: [O] Efficiency of Org v. LaTeX v. Word
>
> Ken Mankoff <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> People here might be interested in a publication from [2014-12-19 Fri]
>> available at http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0115069
>>
>> Title: An Efficiency Comparison of Document Preparation Systems Used
>> in Academic Research and Development

>> experienced LaTeX users.
>>
>> Someone here should repeat experiment and add Org into the mix, perhaps
>> Org -> ODT and/or Org -> LaTeX and see if it helps or hurts. I assume
>> Org would trump LaTeX, but would Org -> ODT or Org -> X -> DOCX (via
>> pandoc) beat straight Word?
>>

> No mention of emacs... who uses anything else to prepare their LaTeX?

Did you forget the " ;-)" or are you serious?

Emacs is for sure a very good one, but there are a lot of popular
alternatives, if you have a look at the (for sure not representative) voting
on the answers of this discussion here:

http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/339/latex-editors-ides

(It's clear, that people may have voted for several of those editors, so
that no valid statistics at all, but at least an idea...)

Is there any real survey result about which editors LaTeX users use?

Martin