Re: [O] Org-mode to feed a database

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] Org-mode to feed a database
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2015 17:05:00 -0500

Vikas Rawal <address@hidden> writes:

It is possible, but not worth the effort.

Even with moderately experienced users, you will be amazed at how
org-files can get mangled by users. In a recent course I taught, I used
links for some data entry; the links stored data as properties in a
headline. Even then a handful of users found some ways to delete
headlines, modify what got stored, etc...

As someone else mentioned, if Emacs is the input interface, widgets is
the way to go. Otherwise, a webform is a much better idea. Alternatives
include a PDF form, an MS Word or Excel form, or one of the online
survey tools.

--
John Kitchin