Re: [O] Possible bug in export of table in latex

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Possible bug in export of table in latex
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 18:15:36 +0000

On Tuesday,  6 Jan 2015 at 14:03, Giuseppe Lipari wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> happy new year to everybody!
>
> I think I might have discovered a bug.
> I am preparing some slides using org-beamer mode. Here is the snippet of a
> table I have in my file:
>

>    #+ATTR_LATEX: :float t :width 4cm
>    | /Single node app/ | /Distributed app/           |
>    |-------------------+-----------------------------|
>    | Operating System  | Distributed OS              |
>    | Network           | Network programming libs    |
>    | Progr. language   | Distributed Progr. language |
>    |-------------------+-----------------------------|
>
> If I understand well from the documentation, the "width" option should set
> the width of the table. However, the exporter produces the following latex
> snippet:

I can confirm this (with a version of org a few days old).

One solution, in the  meantime, would be to put the table within a
column and use the column width option to limit the width of the table,
removing the :width option for the table.  This works although it is not
possible to specific the width of a column directly, only as a function
of \columnwidth [1] so you'll have to play around with the factor to
figure out what width to specify.

HTH.

Footnotes:
[1]  as an aside, it seems strange to me to define column widths as a
factor of \columnwidth instead of \textwidth or similar...  seems rather
self-referential?

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.1, Org
release_8.3beta-686-g9528be.dirty