Re: [O] org tables into R?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] org tables into R?
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 00:08:36 +0100

Aaron Ecay <address@hidden> writes:

> You are correct about the silent dropping of macro-like text.  However,
> with current master that case gives an undefined macro error, which is
> even worse.

I disagree. If we allow to insert macro-like text in the table, it will
become active in the generated table and will, sooner or later, generate
an undefined macro error anyway.

> Try this (in emacs -Q with org and ESS in the load-path) to
> see it:
>
> #+name: foo
> #+begin_src R
>   c("foo","{{{bar}}}")
> #+end_src

Yes, an error is thrown, but

  #+RESULTS: foo
  |    foo    |
  | {{{bar}}} |

is as cheesy. See above.

Macros are a very special kind of datum in Org. Luckily, their syntax is
awkward so you're unlikely to create one unwillingly. How common is your
example?

>> OTOH "ob-R.el" should consider using ":raw t" parameter for its table
>> conversion function.
>
> I think :raw is needed in ‘org-babel-insert-result’ in addition to my
> previous patch.  New patch attached.

Actually, my advice doesn't stand. ":raw t" is not sufficient to prevent
macro expansion, which happens at the beginning of the export process.

Regards,