Re: [O] Possible bug in export of table in latex

From: Giuseppe Lipari
Subject: Re: [O] Possible bug in export of table in latex
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 09:40:01 +0100

Hi,

thanks for responding.
As a matter of fact, I think the :width option for latex tables should be disabled, because it is not so simple to implement.
While it is possible to reduce the width with Eric's trick, it is not so easy to enlarge the width without using the :align option and appropriate latex code, so the simplest approach would be to either give an error upon exportin, or to ignore the width option altogether.

On the other hand, I guess :width makes sense for other exporters, like e.g. html or ODT, so it should stay.

Just my two cents.

Giuseppe Lipari

Hello,

Giuseppe Lipari <address@hidden> writes:

> I am preparing some slides using org-beamer mode. Here is the snippet of a
> table I have in my file:
>

>    #+ATTR_LATEX: :float t :width 4cm
>    | /Single node app/ | /Distributed app/           |
>    |-------------------+-----------------------------|
>    | Operating System  | Distributed OS              |
>    | Network           | Network programming libs    |
>    | Progr. language   | Distributed Progr. language |
>    |-------------------+-----------------------------|
>
> If I understand well from the documentation, the "width" option should set
> the width of the table. However, the exporter produces the following latex
> snippet:
>

> \begin{table}[htb]
> \centering
> \begin{tabular}{4cm}{ll}
> \emph{Single node app} & \emph{Distributed app}\\
> \hline
> Operating System & Distributed OS\\
> Network & Network programming libs\\
> Progr. language & Distributed Progr. language\\
> \hline
> \end{tabular}
> \end{table}
> \end{frame}
>

> Clearly, the lenght specification went in the wrong place, as the first
> parameter of tabular should not be the width of the table, but the column
> alignment.

This should be fixed. Thank you for reporting it.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou

--