Re: [O] doc patch: move footnote in external links

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] doc patch: move footnote in external links
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 23:00:48 +0100

Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:

> Here is an updated patch. I can push it or not, depending on the issue
> below.

Thanks. The patch is OK.

> I have looked at the code and it works *very* differently. I think I can
> make the `org-export-resolve-fuzzy-link' take spaces into accounts for
> headlines, but I don't see how it is "fuzzy".

I'd rather ignore whitespace when matching headlines. It can be useful
when skipping statistics cookies. E.g.,

 * Completed: [33%] so far

can be matched with either [[Completed: so far]] and [[Completed:  so far]].

[[fuzzy]]-like links are fuzzy because they can match either a headline,
a #+NAME or a <<target>>.

I lean towards making the change the other way.

>> Also, would you mind adding a test in test-org/fuzzy-links
>> ("test-org.el") and an entry in ORG-NEWS?
>
> I guess this should be done if I change `org-export-resolve-fuzzy-link',
> or should I do it anyway?

I think a test would be nice for the change you are making to
`org-link-search', i.e, you can extend "test-org/fuzzy-links" (part with
[[*Test]]) to ensure that match is exact, independently on
`org-link-search-must-match-exact-headline'.

Regards,