[O] hook for inserting headlines

From: Subhan Michael Tindall
Subject: [O] hook for inserting headlines
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 00:18:19 +0000

Is there a hook that is run with creating a new headline in org mode? I have several properties that I always set for working todos & I’d like to have them automatically created when I make a new headline (say when I hit return at the end of it)

IE:

,*** this is a sample headline <hit enter here>

,*** this is a sample headline

:PROPERTIES:

<some properties here>

:END:

And maybe even an interactive schedule/deadline prompt?

I have a function to create the properties drawer but don’t know how to hook it to headline creation.

Thanks!

Subhan

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.  Thank you.